Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day 8.... Quit Day!!

Days 3 to 7 were uneventful, no horrible dreams no bad side effects from Chantix. I did begin to notice a decreased urge to smoke, and found I wasn't getting the pleasure from smoking anymore. I was a little concerned and anxious about quitting on Sunday, but also felt confident that I could do it.
At 2:30 AM on April 12, 2009 I smoked my last cigarette, and went to bed. Yes we made it a late night, had a midnight run to Wawa for coffee, and had our last smokes together.
We woke up after noon on Sunday, and went about our morning. Amazing that I had no craving. When I went up to take a shower, I spotted a pack of cigarettes sitting on his night table. He had one last one before bed. I put them in my closet and figured I would throw them out later. Later mthat day he asked where they were, and I told him. He took them and when I asked him if this is what he really wanted, he said "Yes!". I was pleasantly surprised to see him ripping them up and throwing them out!!
After going out to dinner and returning home, we realized how horrible our home smelled. Stale tobacco smoke is really gross, and I am amazed that I am saying that!
We are both convinced that we can beat tobacco, and be smoke free... forever!

No comments: